Mechanical Fitter (Cement Industry)
- Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to the installation, maintenance, repair and service of mechanical equipment, instruments and structures used within the plant.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities
Perform maintenance and repair duties for the plant.
- Inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and service facilities, machinery and equipment and perform or make recommendations regarding maintenance and repair activities.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance checks and servicing on equipment by implementing maintenance schedules.
- Perform corrective mechanical maintenance by troubleshooting the cause of malfunctions using visual inspection and precision measuring and testing instruments and replacing or repairing broken parts.
- Rebuild equipment as needed; disassemble and clean items; order replacement parts and repair mechanical malfunctions; reassemble and test items.
- Work with engineers as needed in order to complete assignments; provide input as requested regarding the design, installation and maintenance of systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics; provide input and recommend changes on design blueprints as requested.
- Operate and maintain a variety of hand and power tools used in the performance of assigned duties.
- Prepare reports, forms, correspondence and related documentation regarding assigned operations in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Adhere to safety orders and comply with established regulations in all aspects of work.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Engineers from time to time.
Education and Work Experience
- ND or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Zero (0) to four (4) years work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Good knowledge of methods and techniques of implementing a preventive and predictive maintenance program.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skill.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development