Job Title: CFM Assistant
Location: Jere / Maiduguri, Borno State – North East Nigeria (100% field)
Employment Type: Full-time
Starting date: 1st January, 2021
Duration of contract: 12 months (Extendable)
Reporting to: BSFP Project Manager
Slot: 4 Openings
- Under the supervision of the Protection Officer, the CFM Assistant is responsible for ensuring mechanisms are in place in all SHO project sites to strengthen the quality and accountability of the emergency program especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism.
- The CFM assistant is also responsible for the provision of support to Food Security project to strengthen Food security activities in the field in accordance with SHO principles and ensures field activities are executed in an efficient manner.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Ensures complaints are received and handled following organizational guidelines.
- Assists in conducting of individual interviews and beneficiary’s assessment
- Supports the collection of information/data about all needs and concerns of the targeted population.
- Supports in ensuring all committee and messages related to project are gender / protection sensitive.
- Supports in ensuring complaints are properly managed (either individual or group); recorded, treated and appropriate feedback is accorded to the complainant maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent.
- Acts as focal point for the identification and referral of extremely vulnerable Individuals and People with Specific protection Needs for adequate assistance according to SHO pre-defined criteria.
- Supports in conducting follow-up monitoring visits and ensures that needs have been met in an appropriate manner and beneficiary have the opportunity to provide feedback on the assistance received.
- Supports in contributing to the establishment and maintenance of a referral pathway, respectful of the confidentiality principle and international SOPs.
- Supports in preparing and timely submission of activity plans; daily, weekly and monthly reports to supervisor.
- Provides constant feedback to supervisor on progress, lesson learnt, achievements and gaps, issues and problems.
- Establishes and manages the complaint and feedback mechanism for the WFP project.
- Receives complaints and feedback and respond to enquiries at the complaint desk at program sites.
- Refers program-specific complaints to MEAL Officer for follow up.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Good spoken and written English and relevant computer skills.
- A high respect to client / organization confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerability.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Ensures regular maintenance of complaints and feedback database/ information System and ensure information is shared on a regular basis.
- Carries out regular community feedback functions, ensuring that all SOPs and SHO core policies are respected.
- Lodges all feedback, complaints and response in the CFM database.
- Supports to ensure complaints are closed within the appropriate timeframe.
- Ensures CFM database is forwarded to the MEAL officer on monthly basis and important complaints from complaint desks and suggestion boxes reported immediately.
- At least Tertiary level of education in social science or any related field
- Minimum of 1 year in humanitarian work “desirable”
- Previous work experience as a CFM
- Good speaking, writing and reading skills
- Be computer literate including Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel).
- Fluency in English, both written and oral including local language ad advantage
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player.
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Hardworking, discipline and trustworthy
- Flexibility & adaptability-Willingness to deploy to the newly liberated local government areas.
- Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) reserve right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project. Position will be based in Bama.
- Staff will responsible to manage for his/her own accommodation / food;
- Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility, but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
- No TA/DA will be provided for the field work appointed to work for.
- Salient reserve the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of Motivation and CV in a single PDF file) via e-mail to: [email protected] indicating the “Job position” as subject of the e-mail.
Send their hard copies to:
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road, Old GRA,
Maiduguri – Borno State.
- Please clearly indicate the “Job position” on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 28th December, 2020.No tags for this post.