Job Title: MEAL Officer
Location: Jere / Maiduguri, Borno State– North East Nigeria (100% field)
Employment Type: Full-time
Starting date: 1st January, 2021
Duration of contract: 12 months (Extendable)
Reporting to: Project Manager
Purpose of the Position
- Under the direction of the BSFP Project Manager, the MEAL Officer will be responsible for all MEAL related activities including, but not limited to: monitoring progress on project indicators, elaboration of MEAL tools, conducting needs/market/process/post activity assessments and monitoring, beneficiary database management, recalibration of beneficiary targeting at project mid-point, development and implementation of accountability mechanism as well as compilation of as at point of need, monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly reports.
Under the management of the BSFP Project Manager:
- Participate in planning and undertaking surveys, rapid assessments, as well as in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning of the SHO programs’ activities.
- Support the Food Security & Livelihood Manager in developing and strengthening monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning procedures
- Monitor dedicated project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output and outcomes
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame works and help develop monitoring and impact indicator for the programs’ successes
- Provide feedback to the Program Manager on project strategies and activities
- Report weekly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Program Managers
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, half-yearly, annual and other reports
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Program Manager in preparing relevant reports
- Assist the projects’ personnel with MEAL tools and in supporting them in their use
- Support the Project Manager in the integration of MEAL activities into program.
- Collect, analyze and report information on BSFP program activities.
- Participate in ensuring timely and complete reporting from executing partners in accordance with approved reporting formats.
- Collaborate in creating Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning frameworks and participate in planning and undertaking surveys, rapid assessments, as well as in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning of the program’s activities.
- Prepare Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning reports with statistics to regularly share the results and identify areas to improve.
- Participate on behalf of SHO in appropriate technical meetings and conferences and perform other duties as delegated.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant professional experience of two (2) years, preferably in emergency and/or development context;
- Prior experience working in MEAL
- Prior experience or familiarity with NGO sector would be an advantage;
- Good spoken and written English and relevant computer skills.
- A high respect to client/organization confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerability.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- SSCE / GCE / NECO , BSc qualification.
- Excellent analysis and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Punctuality and respect for applicable rules and procedures;
- Ethical and transparent decision-making;
- High regard toward preserving confidentiality of work-related information and data;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of local communities and customary rules;
- Independent work, i.e. with minimal supervision and under pressure;
- Self-motivation, goal/result-orientation and team work;
- Flexibility, creativeness, tolerance and maturity.
- Computer/IT literacy (OS Windows/Vista/Linux, MS Office, Internet etc.);
- Spoken and written English, knowledge of a Local language is appreciated
- Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) reserve right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project. Position will be based in Bama.
- Staff will responsible to manage for his/her own accommodation / food;
- Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
- No TA/DA will be provided for the field work appointed to work for;
- Salient reserve the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of Motivation and CV in a single PDF file) via e-mail to: [email protected] indicating the “Job position” as subject of the e-mail.
Send their hard copies to:
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road, Old GRA,
Maiduguri – Borno State.
- Please clearly indicate the “Job position” on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 28th December, 2020.No tags for this post.